Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Did John Mayer JUST DO!!! SMH!


"I don't think I open myself to it. My dick is sort of like a white supremacist. I've got a Benetton heart and a fuckin' David Duke cock. I'm going to start dating separately from my dick."

MAYER: It depends on what I picked up. My two biggest hits are "Your Body Is a Wonderland" and "Daughters." If you think those songs are pandering, then you'll think I'm a douche bag. It's like I come on very strong. I am a very...I'm just very. V-E-R-Y. And if you can't handle very, then I'm a douche bag. But I think the world needs a little very. That's why black people love me.




PLAYBOY: Because you're very?


MAYER: Someone asked me the other day, "What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?" And by the way, it's sort of a contradiction in terms, because if you really had a hood pass, you could call it a ni**er pass. Why are you pulling a punch and calling it a hood pass if you really have a hood pass? But I said, "I can't really have a hood pass. I've never walked into a restaurant, asked for a table and been told, 'We're full.'"

PLAYBOY: It is true; a lot of rappers love you. You recorded with Common and Kanye West, played live with Jay-Z.




MAYER: What is being black? It's making the most of your life, not taking a single moment for granted. Taking something that's seen as a struggle and making it work for you, or you'll die inside. Not to say that my struggle is like the collective struggle of black America. But maybe my struggle is similar to one black dude's.



PLAYBOY: Do black women throw themselves at you?



MAYER: I don't think I open myself to it. My d**k [penis] is sort of like a white supremacist. I've got a Benetton heart and a fu**in' David Duke c**k [another word for penis]. I'm going to start dating separately from my d**k (penis again).



PLAYBOY: Let's put some names out there. Let's get specific.



MAYER: I always thought Holly Robinson Peete was gorgeous. Every white dude loved Hilary from "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." And Kerry Washington. She's superhot, and she's also white-girl crazy. Kerry Washington would break your heart like a white girl. Just all of a sudden she'd be like, "Yeah, I sucked his d**k [penis yet another time]. Whatever." And you'd be like, "What? We weren't talking about that." That's what "Heartbreak Warfare" is all about, when a girl uses jealousy as a tactic.



My thoughts on John Mayer's comments:

My first thought on the comments that Mayer made to Playboy were, "Is this guy on drugs?" Then, ruling out the influence of drugs of alcohol, I've given him the benefit of the doubt and presumed that he is just a free spirit. He says what he wants, and doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks. Unfortunately, this can backfire in the music industry, since the opinions of your fans are what determine whether or not you're going to keep getting paid.

Mayer's comments about black women might be interpreted like this: "I really don't find black women all that attractive, and I'm going to admit to that by joking about the fact that my penis is a white supremacist. While I personally would like to be attracted to black women, I'm just not. Beyond that, I can name a few black women I approve of, but they are the exception to the rule."

Some black women will applaud Mayer for being honest, while some are going to see him as yet another person on this earth who finds black women to be unattractive. As beautiful as they can be, John Mayer has likely hit a sore spot for many African-American women who are sick and tired of being disrespected. Some of them are going to stop buying his records - would you want to chase after someone who thinks you're ugly? I thought not.


With regard to Mayer's comment about the Ni**er pass, I wasn't sure why he even went there. If it was a joke, dude, you need to start explaining and apologizing. At the very least, you've severely tested the limits of your ghetto pass by using such an unprovoked description of the fact that the black community has gained some affinity toward your music. Take a note from Eminem - Slim Shady is crazy as hell, but even he doesn't mess with black people. John Mayer just lost quite a bit of money with that interview. I'm Js Saying

No comments: